Among all my activities, writing is probably the one I’ve worked on for the the longest, from knocking up stories and comic books in my youth, to trying my hand at longer form fiction work as I moved into my adult years.
I have written a number of short stories and screenplays which are, as yet, unpublished. I have plans to self publish some of this work in the future.
I’ve written non-fiction and opinion pieces for around fifteen years now, predominantly on this blog (although the archives don’t go that far back!) as well as, for a period, on my film reviews blog, The Flicks.
Since 2015 I have been regularly writing for the videogame website NextGenBase, and have now moved into a more editorial role for the site, editing and publishing content and liaising with game publishers to secure code for review.
In 2019 I decided to start exploring professional and freelance writing opportunities, leading to my first published piece in Film Stories magazine in their April 2019 issue. I am now pursuing further work in this area, as well as opportunities for my creative and script writing.
- The Talanted Mr Smithee (Print) – Film Stories Magazine, Issue 4, April 2018
- Follywood 2: The Gamening (https://www.nextgenbase.com/follywood-2-the-gamening/) – NextGenBase.com, September 2018
- Dropmix Review (https://www.nextgenbase.com/dropmix-review/) – NextGenBase.com, November 2017
- Time To Switch Me On (https://www.nextgenbase.com/time-to-switch-me-on/) – NextGenBase.com, January 2017
- No Man’s Sky Review (https://www.nextgenbase.com/no-mans-sky-review/) – NextGenBase.com, August 2016
- Getting The Band Back Together: A Rock Band Retrospective (https://www.nextgenbase.com/getting-band-back-together-rock-band-retrospective/) – NextGenBase.com, March 2015